1. We will begin by clearing the surface of dirt and debris, and we will remove oil and other stains no matter how bad they are.
2. In most cases we diamond grind the entire surface to open up the concrete.
3. Repairs will be performed as necessary. Cracks, damage, voids, and spalled concrete will all be filled and feathered out, and will be almost invisible once the coating is finished.
4. Expansion Joints and Control Joints will all be sealed and partially filled. This prevents dirt and debris from building up in them, it eliminates the spaces that insects love, and it gives the floor a seamless look.
5. Next is a generous coat of primer which will deeply penetrate the concrete freshly opened concrete, creating mechanical and chemical bonds that won’t let go.
6. After that we apply the basecoat, also called a “color coat” or “chip coat”. It consists of 100% solid epoxy giving the floor lots of body, strength, and color. The decorative chip you have selected will be broadcasted into the epoxy while it’s nice and wet, and as it dries it will become permanently embedded. The epoxy will also form strong and permanent chemical bonds with the primer – as it cures, the primer, solid-epoxy, and decorative chip will all become one strong, thick unit permanently bonded to the concrete beneath.
7. The last step is the clearcoat. Which material we use will depend on the specific application, but they consist of the latest coating technology and are of the highest quality available on the market today. The clearcoat will provide a beautiful, glossy sheen that brings out the color in your floor. But more importantly, it provides a layer of armor which is highly chemical, abrasion, and impact resistant, protecting your floor and your investment! Your new garage floor will be beautiful forever